Monday 22 August 2022

On The Workbench: ECW Cuirassiers

The recent heatwave brought my wargaming to a crawl! Painting figures was reduced to 30 minutes at most per day and the gaming of Sanlucar in my Napoleonic campaign no different. That has thrown out my plans somewhat, it being my intention to get the large Napoleonic campaign battle of Holbrook on the tabletop before starting my 2 week holiday in early September. It would not be finished in time and I would not be happy leaving everything out for the duration. 

Therefore, I have decided to play out one or possibly two smaller actions and returning to Holbrook after the holiday. The first of these is 'Stoke Lane', an ECW cavalry raid. 

Returning to the workbench, although the paint rate slowed considerably, I managed to make headway into my Edgehill project. These are the latest nearing completion:


These are 3 troops of Roundheads and one of Royalist Cuirassiers. The Roundheads are the troops of Bedford, Balfour and Stapleton. The royalists are the Gentlemen Pensioners.

All the artillery has been completed and I am now well over 75% of the way there.


4 comments:

  1. Yay! The problem was my end not yours and I can now comment again - love the cuirassiers - how long does it take you paint them with that much detail? The scroll on the yellow ensign is ridiculously small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent news. Welcome back Rob and pleased you got the issue resolved. I freely admit this is not speed painting but I do cut corners where I can. I am not sure how long I spent on these due to the stop-start painting during the heat wave. I would hazard a guess at 3 - 4 hours including basing.

      Delete
  2. Lovely work as always Jon. I've just re-started painting now that we're into late summer and the draining heat of a the past few weeks has abated, thus allowing me to concentrate and also prevent the paint drying before it could reach the miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Steve. I also suffered from paint drying on the brush and for that matter on the palette. Hence short bursts of painting amid the use of profanities!

      Delete