Thursday 2 July 2020

On the Workbench: Airfield Buildings

My fictional WW2 campaign in the Aegean, Op Nostalgia, that I was to start with one of my sons has stalled due to his availability. I have therefore decided to continue my solo version. In my campaign the British are about to land on Rhodes. 

All the figures and vehicles are ready but more terrain is needed - specifically airfields.

I have therefore pressed on preparing for the next campaign action. Aside from airfield buildings, I have completed several jetties, a few carts, and the large 2 storey building at the back is destined for the main port. 

Most are Leven Miniatures apart from the two wooden road blocks (2D6 Wargaming) and the 3 carts (Perfect 6). 

9 comments:

  1. Great looking buildings as always from Leven Miniatures, with a lovely paint job as well. Looking forward to this campaign as it's something that's piqued my interest for some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. Hoping to get this game started in the next few days. Just tweaking a few terrain items and should then be good to go.

      Delete
  2. I shall be watching this with interest to see how the finished airfield looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely buildings. Whets one's appetite to see the finished airfield, as Elenderil said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Jon. Great work as usual.. For scenery of wooden construction such as buildings, decks carts etc try one of the new contrast paints from Games Workshop really do work well but only for models depicting wood in my opinion,

    Regards

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking over the contrast paints in a local shop a couple of days ago toying with the idea of trying one out. Will take your advice and test one out soon.

      Delete
  5. This is very good blog post, I like your content writing skill and I have also something to share:

    norton.com/setup
    norton com setup download
    norton setup

    ReplyDelete