Tuesday 13 August 2019

On the Workbench: River upgrades completed + ECW Cavalry

A busy time since my return from distant shores has limited my wargaming activity. I did however, manage to complete a project:

The large pond/small lake on the left marked the completion of improving the appearance of my river sections. They are resin purchased from Baccus. The latest river sections are flexible latex so I am guessing the resin versions are no longer available. Next up will be the streams/runoffs using acetate (see separate 'On the Workbench' posting for details).

Some progress has been made on figures. A large ECW Royalist cavalry regiment destined primarily to be the Earl of Caenarvon's greencoats. It was split into 2 squadrons for the Battle of Glastonbury and I have therefore decided to paint the 2nd squadron as the Earl of Northampton's greencoats which, apart from the cornet, will be virtually indistinguishable. 

In the background another small brigade of 2mm Napoleonic French line takes shape.

9 comments:

  1. Lots of nice river sections there, Jon. Hadn't realised Baccus did them even though I buy all my WOSS figures from them. I bought a load of ceramic river sections but they are heavy and dropping them is not a good idea! The ECW cavalry look good; in my view 6mm really comes into its own with cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the rivers and my other scenic items provided by Baccus originate from Timecast. The cavalry does look good particularly when massed in large formations.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see the river sections finished. As always your figures look great:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flexible river sections look like TimeCast rivers, I have some myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are Tony. Much of the Baccus scenic items originate from Timecast.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear I can feel another Baccus purchase coming on. Have to say their catalogue is very good now.

    Regards

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Peter. Their range is impressive and ever expanding.

      Delete
  5. As the show Colours (Newbury) is not too far from me in the Waterlooville Hampshire area I shall attend there on the 7th Sept and take a close look at these.

    Regards

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of comments on my rivers. The pond/lake is scratch built. Several river sections have been cut to different shorter lengths to add greater variety. I have not painted up any of the latex sections and many are destined to be desert wadis but they do look good quality. Timecast has a bigger range incorporating different river widths.

      Delete