Tuesday 9 April 2019

On the Workbench: More Medieval buildings, 2mm Naps and new deliveries.

On my return from holiday I found some very welcome home parcels:

In the foreground my largest 6mm Baccus order to date. Zulu Wars and ECW mark the start of those projects plus more Spanish Napoleonics and some river sections. Top right is a Heroics & Ros order which almost completes all the figures and vehicles I need for the Landing on Rhodes. There is more stuff also for Op Market Garden.

The unopened packages are buildings and earthworks from Total Battle Miniatures for Grissburg (Nap campaign) and Gettysburg. A few paints, some D10's and flock completed the collection of goodies. 

Unfortunately real world matters restricted my wargaming since return but I did manage to complete these that had been started before my break:

A couple more medieval buildings and another 2mm Austrian brigade base. A slightly different configuration from my previous bases and again represents a 3,500 strong brigade.

These represent the last of the medieval buildings for now and I intend to concentrate on completing the terrain required for Grissburg. The 2mm will continue in slow time including various buildings. I have also prepped an ECW regiment of foot. Could not wait to get started on these being one of my all-time favourite periods that has had little attention over recent years. 

17 comments:

  1. Jon, one one hand it looks like Christmas, on the other ..... that is one serious lead pile :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ridiculous isn't it. As fast as I am clearing one lead pile I am creating another!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jon

    That is a lovely parcel to receive on your return but those 2mm figures really frighten my painting senses.

    Regards

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey! That's a lot of very tiddly lead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I don't think I will be doing too much skirmishing with this lot. Just got to live long enough to paint them all!

      Delete
  4. Now that is a nice box of lead to find on one’s doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly a pleasant way to return from hols. Painting them all is another matter.

      Delete
  5. A fine haul to be turned into lovely armies.
    The 2 mm guys, though... shudder! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jon

    Which flock are you using for 2mm and 6mm bases as I have a fair bit of basing to do to say the least.

    Regards

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter.
      For 6mm I use the summer flock supplied by Baccus which has shorter hairs. I toyed with the idea of using this for 2mm but felt it would overwhelm the figures so I am now using Woodland Scenics fine turf in 2 shades of green. I have just taken delivery of Javis Scenics light green course grass to provide further variation. Will give that a try out too and see how it fairs.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the information Jon really useful.

    Regards

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blimey, that is a lot of stuff! Look forward to seeing how these projects progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will certainly keep me busy for a while Steve. Looking forward to getting stuck into them.

      Delete