After much dithering, and following some of your helpful advice in a previous blog on this subject, I have finally settled on a thickness for my WW2 infantry bases:
The rebased Russians to the front with some rebased British paras to their rear, contrasts with the original card based Germans on the left.
I purchased several test sheets of plasticard ranging from 0.25mm to 1.5mm thickness. My original plasticard used was approximately 0.3mm - 0.35mm thick which I considered a little too thin. It was therefore a trial between the 0.50mm and 0.75mm sheets.
There was little to choose between them with regard to figure handling and overall look. After a good deal of head-scratching I settled on 0.5mm. It brought the figures slightly more into height proportion when stood next to unbased vehicles and although a minor issue, it was easier to cut. I also decided to stick with the same basing finish.
Having rebased a number of figures I am now convinced I made the right decision. Unfortunately this will mean rebasing all my WW2 collection, but thankfully is not too great at this stage.
This will be my final post before commencing my holiday next week. I will be accessing the internet periodically so will endeavour to deal with any queries that surface while I am away.
In the meantime enjoy your wargaming over the next few weeks and service will resume in late March.