|After Waterloo my first job was to rebase the command bases and all skirmishers that were still on 3 figure bases. This is now complete apart from a few additional command figures to be painted. Here is the finished Prussians.|
I felt it was about time I spruced up my commercially built terrain tiles which are now around 20 years old. First up were the narrow river tiles. The bare brown painted riverbanks looked a little naff. I decided to reduce the size of the banks by gluing on more scatter material and also make the exposed earth a little more natural.
|I began by gluing on a layer of sand at the water's edge creating a new narrow earth bank.|
|This was then painted with a brown wash before drybrushing. The original earth brown banks were then painted in a green emulsion.|
|And Finally the scatter material was glued onto the green areas. I also took the opportunity of repairing any slight chips that had occurred over the years.|