Sunday 31 January 2021

A Slight Technical Hitch!

I was about half way through the Tourane game when a mishap occurred with the camera. During the process of remounting it on the tripod it slipped out of my hands and although I managed to break some of the camera's fall, it nevertheless landed lens first on the floor.

After launching a torrent of abuse at the ceiling and recovering some sense of decorum I tentatively tested the lens. Mercifully it was still working apart from the zoom function. It was partially jammed limiting my ability to get closeup shots.

I nursed it through the rest of Tourane and also the subsequent ACW skirmish at Rorketon but it was clearly in need of attention.  

The pandemic is not the best of times to organise a repair and have been informed it will be at least 2 - 3 weeks before it is returned. Rather than wait, I set up the table to play the next ACW campaign game with the intention of using my old camera.

Sadly the photographic results were generally poor with only 2 or 3 worthy of consideration. I have therefore decided to wait for the lens repair which will mean a hiatus before the next AAR is posted. 

On the plus side, I will be using the extra time to get more figures and terrain painted. I have 3 significant Napoleonic games lined up which I will hope will further advertise the benefits of 6mm. In order:

Campaign - French v Anglo-Portuguese force. Almost 2,000 figures and ready to play.

Battle of Talavera - 4,500 figures. Good progress on painting additional figures, mainly Spanish, with the end in sight. Now awaiting re-opening of the Baccus shopping cart.

Campaign - French v Prussian. 5,000 figures and my largest game since Waterloo. The Prussians are throwing everything they have (3,000 figures) in halting Napoleon. I need to paint over 600 additional Prussians and as with Talavera, I am now awaiting on Baccus.

I apologise for this quiet period but hopefully will have some goodies for the blog fairly soon.



8 comments:

  1. Sorrow to hear about your mishap, but it will be worth the wait to see your wonderful pics and AAR's. The games all look very enticing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Steve. Yep, looking forward to the next games.

      Delete
  2. Considering the impressive painting list, perhaps the brief gaming hiatus will be well spent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Peter. As you say, plenty to paint!

      Delete
  3. Ceilings have this fascinating ability of absorbing tons of abuse - it's amazing how much they can take! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hiatus is being well spent then....

    ReplyDelete