Friday 19 February 2021

Broken Camera Update

With the frustrating 'hiatus' dragging on an update is overdue. I have been told today that my camera lens has been repaired and will be available for collection next Friday (26th Feb). Needless to say the pandemic has slowed the process down considerably. The cavalry skirmish at Isserlohn has been ready to play for the past few weeks and is gathering dust!

I have though been making inroads into my lead pile. So much so that re-supplies are needed from Baccus and it was welcome news indeed that their shopping cart re-opened today albeit for limited sized orders. My order as gone in which will bring me within touching distance of completing all the figures necessary for Talavera.

Another period receiving attention is the ECW. Aside from the existing project working my way through scenarios in the south west I have decided to add the Battle of Edgehill on the 'to do' list. To do it justice it will be played at a ratio of 1:10 requiring almost 3,000 figures. The obvious downside being that it will take time to paint this lot and although I have around 1,000 figures at present it is unlikely I will get it onto the tabletop this year. Painting of the largest foote regiment has been completed today and basing will commence tomorrow. This is 104 figures strong (40 pike and 64 musketeers). I can't wait to see the finished unit - it will in fact be the largest I have completed in any period!

All being well my next post will be Isserlohn followed by a rolling programme of after action reports.

6 comments:

  1. Good to have an update Jon as only today I wondered how the camera repairs were going. Nice to see you have been keeping busy on the miniatures front and the large ECW units sounds good, but a tad daunting for me, but can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget how much time has flown by! It is frustrating but nearly there. It has been useful though to catch up on some painting including a herd of cows and some pigs that have found their way onto the Isserlohn board!

      Delete
  2. Cameras are delicate animals. Let’s hope the repair went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I have though been making inroads into my lead pile. So much so that re-supplies are needed"
    Blimey your fingers and brushes must be worn out... that is a lot of little soldiers you completed there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps not quite so good as it looks Peter. More a case of running out of figures I need for specific projects rather than the lead pile in general. I am not a fast painter but certainly increased the output since my camera hiccup.

      Delete