Sunday 29 September 2019

Little Wars TV

The most recent Gods Own Scale podcast involved an interview of Greg Wagman from Little Wars TV. I had occasionally dipped into some of its Youtube videos but shamefully paid little attention. The podcast piqued my interest and I have begun watching the back catalogue of episodes on Youtube. And I can honestly say I am blown away. The production quality is easily on a par with professional TV documentaries with engaging characters and topics. The fact that no professional equipment or expertise was used makes it all the more remarkable.

Even better still, 6mm features prominently (although not exclusively) and demonstrates well the attractions of this scale. I would urge everyone not already aware, even those not interested in 6mm, to take a look at their videos. They include such topics as battlefield visits, rules reviews, terrain construction and after action reports. You can sign up on their website for access to other free stuff including downloads and videos. I have added a link to my links list on the right for their website which is here http://www.littlewarstv.com/. The Youtube channel is here:

There is just one drawback. It generates ideas and inspiration for yet more projects!!! Immediately after their 'Trebia' episode I was scanning the Baccus website for Carthaginians!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jon, they run a smooth operation and have the balance just right, something by wargamers for wargamers ..... much like your own epic productions here :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree about the balance Norm, and the fact that their episodes are bite-sized length. Very entertaining and informative. Exceptionally flattered that my humble efforts should be likened by an experienced successful blogger such as yourself. I would hope Little Wars TV sparks others to produce similar standard videos.

      Delete
  2. The Little Wars TV stuff is great as you say, but does tempt one into new areas! Lovely to see 6mm and 10mm figures on great terrain, which shows what can be done with small scale figures. It reminds me I need to go and check their stuff out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly inspirational and a great advert for the hobby.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Jon. I watched the Trebia episode and thought it was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kevin. Yes I thoroughly enjoyed that episode too.

      Delete