Tuesday 24 September 2019

On the Workbench: 2mm French Corps complete

For the last few days, in between preparing ebay listings, I have forged ahead to complete the 2mm French Napoleonic Corps for my test game. This is made up of 3 divisions and 1 cavalry division. Each base is a brigade. The 3 artillery units and a Portuguese brigade in the foreground are Corps troops.



I do not like units to be too generic in size, preferring each to more accurately reflect differences in strength. Hence the variation in numbers. The game is now pretty much good to go and will be near the top of games to be played as soon as my ebay sales are finished. The plan remains to test the 'Blucher' rules versus 'Grande Armee' both by Sam Mustafa.

13 comments:

  1. This army looks really cool! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look wonderful and can't wait to see them in action:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Steve. Also looking forward to my first very micro scale game.

      Delete
  3. These look awesome. I've been shamlesley copying your 2mm stuff for a while now, building up a French and a British force. Been waiting for you to base some Cavalry so I can copy that too, are they the same size bases as the Infantry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will. Yes they are. I have used the same ratio as 1:20 as a guideline for how many strips of cavalry. So here are 6 light cavalry strips of 6 figures each representing a brigade of 750, with the other having 10 strips for 1250.

      Delete