Saturday 8 September 2018

On the Workbench: US, British and Italian Aircraft

With this batch of aircraft complete the end of this particular aircraft painting project is in sight. All are 1/600th scale from Tumbling Dice.


6 Italian SM.79 "Sparviero" medium bomber completes the Italian aircraft for Op Nostalgia. They will be used as torpedo bombers in the campaign.

Continued -




A squadron of 12 x ME110 long range fighters completes the German fighter contingent.



A squadron of 12 x P38 Lightnings completes the US inventory.

Alongside the aircraft, 3 Italian Gabbiano class Corvettes are being painted in 1/3000th scale. It would have been good to have played the next naval battle in 1/1200th scale given the small size of battle but I unfortunately only possess 2 of the 3 Corvettes required. 


7 comments:

  1. Sand and spaghetti in 1/600th! I take my hat off to you, Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a big box of 1/300th Italian aircraft and they don't look half as crisp and colourful as yours. I love the P-38's and Bf110's too - great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments Jim. I was tempted to go down the 1/300th route but space and painting time swayed me towards 1/600. I am pleased with the quality of Tumbling Dice aircraft.

      Delete
  3. They are very attractive, Jon. That's a heck of a lot of aircraft you have painted in the past few months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. Yep, I am getting to the point where I have seen enough wings, canopies and small fiddly transfers for now! It has made a nice change though.

      Delete