Thursday, 27 August 2026

A Blog Update

My aging body is serving as a reminder that I will not be able to wargame in perpetuity and that day when I have to hang up the dice may come sooner than I would like! 

There is still a good deal I would like to do before that day arrives and a reappraisal of how much time I can devote to the blog beckons. As readers will have noted, some of my games which could normally be completed in an evening, or a weekend at most, can take many weeks to complete. 

A significant part of the problem is the blog. I would estimate 80% - 90% of time it takes for each turn to complete is spent on preparing posts. My intention is to cut that down significantly but still maintain after action reports on most, if not all, the games I play.

You will notice a change in the next post, a Napoleonic campaign game, which will be more brief but hopefully still make clear how the action played out. 

The bonus should be more AAR's!




2 comments:

  1. Do what suits you, that's the only sensible thing. It comes to us all, my painting is getting ever slower as my hands insist on regular breaks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My painting is slowing too Rob. For me it is my back not allowing me to sit at the table for long hunched over figures.

      Delete