Friday 3 May 2024

On the Workbench: WW2 Aircraft Carriers Part 2

 The latest on the carrier progress - a quick update:

I have for the most part worked in batches of 3 ships and here is from top to bottom, Shokaku, Zuikaku and Junyo. All Navwar.


Continued -
Top L to R: Lexington (Davco), Naka (Sendai Class light cruiser)
Bottom: Hiryu.


Top L to R: Hornet, Sangamon
Bottom: Enterprise
These are all Davco which required more trimming of the transfers than usual which were designed for the Navwar version.



6 comments:

  1. Superb work once again Jon! I'm enjoying 'Victory at Sea' on Amazon Prime at the moment, a documentary series from not long after the War, using footage from all sides of the conflict. Lots of stuff you don't normally get to see. Worth a peek IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Steve. I have 'Victory at Sea' on my watchlist on Amazon Prime and hope to get around to watching it properly soon. Does look good.

      Delete
  2. Excellent work again Jon. The bases are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More nice-looking models! Very interested to see that you have managed to get the Flight Deck decals to fit the Davco models - I have quite a lot of their carriers from some bargain packs I picked up years ago (normally I'm a Navwar man) and I'm now encouraged to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Colkitto. Some of my older Davco models were not suitable for the decals and have been replaced with Navwar versions. Like you, my preference is Navwar although some Davco models are very nice, particularly the new moulds.

      Delete