Wednesday 21 November 2018

On the Workbench: 10mm AWI & 6mm WW2

In preparation for the 'White Plains' game I have completed more of the excellent Pendraken 10mm AWI American figures:


Delaware Continentals

Continued -



Militia Skirmishers


Pennsylvania Riflemen. I based up 3 singly which will be the Tory Scouts for the battle. In this scale I find that it is no problem basing up a few singles which gives more flexibility when creating orders of battle.

Also completed this week are a number of 6mm WW2 in North Africa. This was an opportunity to paint up more of the new Heroics & Ros figures which did not disappoint. These figures complete my orbats for my next Op Compass game:


British - 2 x CO bases and 2 x Lloyd carriers. All are Heriocs & Ros.




These Italians are 3 x platoon bases equipped with Anti-Tank rifle teams and a 37mm anti-tank gun. The standing figures on the infantry bases are GHQ with everything else Heroics & Ros. As can be seen they mix well.

11 comments:

  1. The Pendraken 10s look very good especially given your fine paint work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Jonathan. The Pendraken's are a delight to paint.

      Delete
  2. I do like your painting style..very crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWI looking good Jon, there will people starting a new project :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm. I have too many projects in reality and I should cut them down.... but I can't!!!! Does keep everything fresh though.

      Delete
  4. Excellent stuff as always. Just catching up on recent events on your blog. You've been busy again!
    Cheers, Richard P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. It certainly keeps you occupied when retired!

      Delete
  5. I really like the 10 mm AWI figures, Jon. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete